Integrated Solutions provide maximum ease of use, flexibility and future-proofing for some of the daily activities of any school or academy, reducing both the time and cost that some processes would traditionally take.
Multiple integrated solutions can also be combined to further streamline every day processes. For example the use of a fully integrated identity management platform will enable the management of all relevant systems including print management, cashless catering, library systems, access control and e-registration.
Gaia provide a wide range of integrated services to the education sector; whether you require an integrated printing solution to monitor printing and reduce wastage, a cashless catering system to increase efficiency at the restaurant till or an e-registration solution to have a real-time view of pupil attendance and absence - Gaia has the a right-fit solution.
Gaia has close relationships with many of the leading suppliers of integrated solutions, allowing us to deliver efficient, affordable solutions to the education market. Our range of integrated solutions includes:
- Follow-Me Print Management
- Gaia has deployed the Follow-Me Print Management system to several schools. This system provides an innovative and flexible approach to print management and is designed to reduce the overall cost of printing across the school, by reducing unit print cost and volume of printing. The solution eliminates the production of uncollected printouts in classrooms, ensuring that uncollected or unwanted printouts become a thing of the past.
- How it works
When a print job is sent to the printer, it is redirected to a print server where it is queued. The user goes to any managed printer on the network and identifies oneself using either a Proximity card or biometric (finger-print) identification system. Their photocopier account will appear with a list of print jobs they have sent. The user can then select an individual job or all jobs to be sent to this printer. They system uses the same device and same principles for copying and printing.
- Cashless Catering
- Gaia offers an easy to use integrated Cashless Catering System designed specifically for the education market. The system is simple to manage and use, and it allows for a fast throughput of pupils through till locations. These systems significantly increase the speed of the service at meal times by removing all cash transactions from the point of sale, and also eradicate the issue of bullying or lost lunch money.
- How it works
Instead of paying for food with cash, each student’s account will be accessed at a point of sale terminal by presenting their identification to the reader. The student’s photo appears on the screen, along with their existing balance and any special data such as allergies. The cashier will use the touch screen terminal to enter the food details and automatically be informed of credit available; daily spend limit and any relevant dietary information. Parents can top up cards in several ways; at the admin or securely over the internet using Parent Pay.
- Library Information Management
- This is an effective tool for managing all information stored within the libraries and Learning Resource Centres in any school or academy. This fully integrated system includes cataloguing, circulation, OPAC, acquisitions, serials and system administration. The solution allows for the creation of user accounts from MIS or Active Directory, reporting services, overdue notification and tracking of stock, cataloguing of physical and digital media and objects
- How it works
Library users will be identified through their Proximity card or a biometric identification system and matched to their library-enrolled account. All account information is synchronised with the central identity management database. The system provides all required reporting services together with additional reporting services available through the learning platform. Overdue notices can be sent automatically via email. This system can be accessed through the learning platform or the Internet as required.
- Access Control
- The Access Control system provides a flexible access control integration solution using the identity management solution. This allows schools to protect expensive equipment, maintain safety in science labs and prevent pupils from leaving school grounds unsupervised or without permission.
- How it works
The access control system can integrate with most building contractor provided access control systems
- Registration technology will furnish teachers with real time information of students present and absent. Classroom registration readers can be either integrated into or connected to the teacher’s laptop, allowing the teachers to monitor the student’s registration and send data to an attendance database when complete. The registration solution incorporates the facility to monitor late students instantly rather than filling in a late book that has to be manually transferred to the system.
- How it works
Registration of attendance will be taken by electronic readers connected via the standard cabling infrastructure or via a PC. The e-registration reader instantly authenticates a user (student) once their smart-card is waved in the proximity of the reader. This information is then passed into the MIS either on an AM/PM and/or a lesson by lesson basis.
As well as supplying integrated solutions, Gaia can provide a complete consultation, survey and setup service using our teams of fully qualified, high level engineers and technicians. We also provide full after sales support, including training and maintenance, to minimise any downtime.
Request a consultation, survey or quote from Gaia Technologies today. Simply complete the short form below and we will be in touch within 1 hour*
*Gaia will respond within 1 hour if the request is made 8.30am-5pm Monday-Friday. Any request made outside of these days and hours is subject to a 12 hour-3 day response period.