The momentum for cloud computing has been building steadily over the last 5 or 10 years, to the point where both teachers and students are au fait with the broad definition of what cloud computing is, and are comfortable with using ‘cloud based’ technologies.
Cloud computing services support learning anytime, anywhere by anyone. We believe this approach helps develop and support a more personalised curriculum. With online access to productivity, collaboration and communication tools that can be securely accessed from any Internet connection, cloud computing enables schools and academies to build links with other institutions nationally and globally through collaborative projects.
Server and storage technologies are complimented by cloud-based services, which offer an extended network infrastructure platform to allow users storage and applications available online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Access is securely synchronised with the internal infrastructure of the educational establishment.
The cloud based approach also enables greater integration and the potential to create a virtual learning community by supporting the creation and delivery of a personalised and virtual curriculum.
Gaia offer a wide range of cloud-based & hosted solutions, whether you;
- Want to transition to online versions of the collaboration, communication and productivity tools that students know and use most,
- Need anywhere access to email, important documents, contacts and calendar on nearly any device,
- Would like the flexibility of having team sites to share & edit documents, task lists, and schedules to keep work groups in sync,
- Are looking to reduce hardware and maintenance costs of an onsite telephony system with a hosted VoIP solution,
- Need secure, off-site backup and storage facilities,
- Require industry-leading, always up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spam solutions,
- Or you just need flexible and inexpensive hosting for your email or website,
Gaia has close relationships with the leading providers of cloud productivity services, such as Google and Microsoft which, combined with the expertise of our engineering & support staff, allow us to supply a high quality service to the education market. Our range of cloud-based and hosted services includes;
- Microsoft Office 365
- Google Apps
- Hosted VoIP
- Website Hosting
- Email Hosting
- Data & Backup Storage
Cloud & hosted services are perfect for many reasons, not least;
- Reliable - Cloud & hosted services are hosted on virtual servers, which draw resources from a network of physical servers. If one of these physical servers goes offline, it usually has little or no effect on the running of the service, as the risk is spread between multiple physical servers. This is in contrast to onsite services, which are usually held on a single physical server.
- Scalable & flexible - because hosted & cloud services don’t rely on the capacity and constraints of a single server, cloud service providers are able to increase or reduce the level of service as and when a customer requires.
- Pay-as-you-go style payments & reduced upfront costs - because you essentially rent cloud & hosted services from a provider, you are able to pay for what you use and, and therefore you don’t waste money on unused excess capacity. The very nature of cloud and hosted services also mean that there is no longer the upfront cost of purchasing often expensive hardware to run services onsite.
Request a consultation, survey or quote from Gaia Technologies today. Simply complete the short form below and we will be in touch within 1 hour*
*Gaia will respond within 1 hour if the request is made 8.30am-5pm Monday-Friday. Any request made outside of these days and hours is subject to a 12 hour-3 day response period.