Gaia believes in a holistic approach to ICT. We view the school as a whole and design our ICT solutions from the ground up. We understand that all learning spaces can be used for a wide range of different learning styles, and we believe that the use of ICT can maximize the educational experience. We pride ourselves on providing comprehensive ICT solutions incorporating robust technical solutions, support and training, innovative design, reliable end-user devices and the provision of a range of options for ICT Managed Service.
Technology has an important role to play in enabling flexibility in learning spaces. ICT should be designed to remove barriers, increase flexibility and enable a wide variety of teaching and learning to take place. Our vision is to drive the use of ICT across the curriculum and embed ICT into learning and teaching. We believe that technology should be used as a teaching tool, and when used properly can open up new possibilities for teachers and students.
Gaia believes in developing ICT solutions with clients through working together in real partnership. We operate under the philosophy that relationships with clients should be based on mutual understanding, respect and effective partnership. We recognise that in order to offer a truly educationally focussed ICT solution we must design specific ICT solutions that are tailored to the particular needs of each client. We must respond to and contribute towards the development of each student, offering support and innovation as well as providing challenge in the spirit of true partnership.
As part of the holistic approach, we work to design highly integrated ICT services and solutions that include:
- Robust, reliable and sustainable core infrastructure combined with user solutions that are adaptable and flexible enough to allow confident users the opportunities to explore how technology can support them in their personal learning journeys
- Support for personalised learning and flexible use of spaces including small group work, more movement in classrooms and enhanced presentational positions
- Flexible ICT solutions to support diverse approaches to teaching
- A display rich environment that enables broadcast sharing of news and information and the multi-functional use of spaces not only for teaching and learning but also for meeting, eating, working and celebrating achievement
- A mixture of fixed and movable interactive display technologies using innovative design solutions to enrich students’ learning
- Support for a 1:1 computer-to-teacher device ratio so that any teacher can connect quickly and be ready to engage their students without distraction
- Support for a 1:1 computer-to-student device ratio deployed as a combination of personal devices, centralised, localised and mobile resources
- Support for a connected learning community that extends far beyond the school’s perimeter supporting the whole community and collaboration with students in other countries
- All areas including standard classrooms are specified for mobile computing, supported by appropriate power and data provision, including wireless and hardwired network access, usable power sockets and battery charging/vending facilities
- Selected spaces will be able to support more ICT rich learning experiences with higher levels of hardwired power and data provision and enhanced wireless network connectivity
- Video streaming and digital signage are available to deliver video based learning and messaging across the network to all classrooms and display screens
- A network based telephony system to provide unified telecommunications and messaging system for the whole school
At Gaia we believe that ICT can help promote a positive climate for teaching and learning and help build a sense of community through increased communication and celebration of achievement between students, teachers, parents and visitors. We believe in the ability of technology to excite, engage and inspire. Our goal is the same as yours – to help students learn.